By: John Uff,
Edition: 13th Rev ed
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell Ltd
Pagination: 692 pages
Pub Date: 28/02/2021
Construction Law provides the reader with a comprehensive guide to the complex world of construction contracts, litigation, planning and environmental law, Public and EU law, statutes, safety and building regulations all of which are thoughtfully and comprehensively explained in a clear, concise tone that is suitable for both the student and professional reader.
- Guides the reader through the complex world of construction contracts, claims, disputes and their resolution.
- Covers all aspects of law relating to the setting up and carrying out of construction projects, including private and public law, and domestic and international law.
- Extensive quotations from statutes, leading cases, and the standard forms of contract.
- Coverage of different forms of procurement using FIDIC, NEC, JCT and ICC forms.
- Includes a Glossary of Legal Terms.
TABLE OF CONTENTS Construction Law and the Legal System Dispute Resolution - Litigation, Adjudication and ADR Dispute Resolution - Arbitration Parties and Status The Law of Obligations Contract: General Principles Special Contracts Documents Construction Contracts Vicarious Performance and Insolvency Standard Forms of Contract The Standard Building Contract The ICE Conditions of Contract Law of Tort Land, Planning and Environment Law Construction Statutes and Safety
REVIEWS "... admirable coverage of the material so that a student would get good value and a good grounding in the area." The Law Teacher "... a wide-ranging and detailed introduction and guide to construction law that should make it a constant reference tool. It deserves a place in all construction professionals and construction lawyers libraries." Building Magazine